Last Updated: June 15, 2020
We have been actively working to develop policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our Campers and Instructors! This year we will only offer half day camps.
Camps may look different this year, but the fun and confidence building we are known for will still remain the same!
The safety of our Campers and Instructors is of the highest level of importance. We are abiding by the Ministry of Health's COVID-19 Guidance: Summer Day Camps as set out on June 1, 2020. Below are the steps we are taking and the policies and procedures we are following to keep everyone safe so they can have the best experience at camp this summer!
What are some of the protocols you will be implementing to keep Campers and Instructors safe?
We will be following the Health Ministry Guidelines. We will be implementing the following:
- Providing face masks which will be worn when a 2 meter distance can not be maintained
- Hand washing with soap and water every hour
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is placed in multiple places around the studio
- Using professional grade cleaning solutions
- Cleaning the studio 3 times daily
- Providing each camper with a designated spot that is 2 meter apart
- Providing each camper with their own set of camp supplies for crafts and beauty applications
- Requesting that all snacks brought from home for nutrition break be eaten with a fork or spoon
- Not allowing anyone other than campers and instructors inside the studio
- Keeping a log book of who is inside the studio
- Checking temperatures with a hands-free device prior to the start of each day
- Parents/ Guardians are required to sign a waiver each day indicating their child is showing no symptoms and has not been in contact with anyone who is sick with Covid-19
Each day will have a different exciting theme! You will receive an email the Friday prior to camp to help you prepare. Below is a generic outline of a day at camp.
- Camper Arrival/ Temperature Check
- Runway Warm Up
- DIY Project (Example: Designer Mugs/ Room signs/ Jewellry)
- Nutrition Break
- Fashion/ Beauty Activity (Example: Make-Up/ Manicures/ Personal Styling)
- Outdoor Activity/ Light Physical Movement
- Camper Departure
As mandated by the Government, we are limited to cohorts of 10. This being 8 Campers and 2 Instructors per camp.
We will be promoting and encouraging physical distancing of at least 2 metres between camp participants, parents/guardians and staff by:
- Spacing Campers and activity stations 2 meters apart
- Using Visual Cues (Example: Signs, Posters, Floor Markings, etc.)
- Incorporating more individual activities or activities that encourage more space between Campers
Face coverings (non-medical masks) will be used if physical distancing of at least 2-metres cannot be maintained. We understand face masks may not be tolerated by everyone based on underlying health, behaviour issues or beliefs. In this case, Campers will be asked to wear a face shield. Face coverings will be changed if visibly soiled, damp, or damaged.
Camper Pick Up & Drop Off
Pick-up and drop-off of Campers will happen outside the Studio (located on the 3rd Floor) at a designated entry door. For the safety of everyone, only Campers and Instructors will be given studio access unless it is determined that there is a need for the Parent/Guardian to enter. Arrangements must be made before hand. Pick-up and drop-off will adhere to physical distancing, using strategies such as, but not limited to:
- Having one designated parent/guardian pick-up and drop-off each Campers
- Physical distancing to 2 meters per camper
- Sign your Camper In/ Out and Sign Waiver
As mandated by the Ministry of Health, all individuals including Campers, Parents/Guardians, Instructors, and Visitors entering the studio will be screened with a questionairre and temperature check upon entry. We will deny entry to any individual who has any of the symptoms outlined in the COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms or who has come in close contact with a person with symptoms of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Screening, including a temperature check will be done upon the campers arrival (by an instructor wearing PPE) and a parent/ guardian will be required to sign their child in. By signing, you attest to the health of your child and that they have not been in contact with an infected person within the past 14 days. Daily screening will be done using a touch free thermometer. It is recommended that parents screen their child before coming to camp.
Protocol for Campers With Symptoms
In the event that a Campers begins to show symptoms of COVID-19 while at camp, we will notify you immediately to pick up your Camper. Until you arrive, we will keep the Camper in a supervised area away from others. Immediately, all Campers will be required to wash their hands and surfaces will be disinfected. If a Camper begins to experience symptoms of COVID-19 while attending camp we are required to contact the local public health unit to notify them of a potential case and seek advice regarding the information that should be shared with other Parents/ Guardians.
Camp Cancellations Due To COVID-19
If a camp is cancelled mid way due to COVID-19, we will work together to find a solution that suits you and your Camper.
VISITORS: Programs must keep daily records of anyone (Example: Campers, Parent/Guardian, Instructor and Visitors) entering the Studio who stays for 15 minutes or longer. Records (Example: name, contact information, time of arrival/departure, screening completion etc.) must be kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case or outbreak.
CLEANING: A cleaning log will be kept to ensure no surfaces or items are missed.
Personal belongings brought to camp will be limited to a snack, a refillable water bottle (please label), sneakers and a hat. Each Camper will have a designated cabbie.
We are ensuring all equipment used during camps are made of material that can be cleaned and disinfected or are single use items and are disposed of at the end of the day (Example: Silly Putty). We are avoiding plush toys, boardgames, hand contact games.
We are minimizing the sharing and frequency of touching objects, toys, equipment and surfaces by providing each camper with their own box of items that they will use during camp. These items include but are not limited to crafting supplies, make-up tools, manicure items, hula hoop, yoga mat. Hand weights and exercise band for Teen Campers only.
MakeUp Applications/ Manicures/ Fashion Activities
We will be providing each camper with their own tools to use during camps. This includes make-up brushes and nail files. We ask that when available, campers provide their own make-up and nail polish. When not available, we will supply them with their own single use products.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
Cleaning and disinfecting will be ongoing during camp, with extreme attention paid to high traffic surfaces. Surfaces most likely to become contaminated include doorknobs, water cooler knobs, light switches, toilet and faucet handles, electronic devices and tabletops.
Everyday the studio will undergo a thorough clean between the morning and the afternoon camp. A cleaning log will be kept to ensure no surfaces or items are missed.
We will only use cleaning and disinfectant products that have a Drug Identification Number (DIN).
Furthermore, we will use skin friendly and all natural high grade hand sanitizers.